Saturday, August 16, 2008

Progressive Dinner Party

Randy and I get a night out with some friends tonight. Yay! Some of our friends put together a progressive dinner party - we have done this once before and had a lot of fun. We were one of the host homes last time but this time we get to travel as guests only. :o) We start at Brett and Anna's at 5:30 for appetizers and cocktails. From there we will go to Joe and Trudy's for the main course and then on to Andy and Andrea's for dessert. We had a lot of fun the last time...I'm glad Andy and Andrea decided to put another one together. There will be 8 couples traveling and just hanging out....Libb and Shaun, Scott and Stacy, Jay and Traci, and Kelly and Jennifer. Can't wait!

Last night, I went to a crop and got a layout completed for Reece's 6th birthday. I know, pretty sad to only finish one in an evening - especially when I already had it started!! But, anyone who knows me knows how slooooow I scrap...it's my 'me' time (thanks to Randy who pushes me out the door each month while he keeps the kids :o) and I pretty much relax and enjoy it...I'm really not there to fly through the pages...plus there's lots of talkin' and eatin' to do too!! We started making plans for our annual weekend crop in January. The dad's get the kids and we all pack up and take of for a weekend of scrappin' and shopping! Fun, fun. :o) Libb has went with me the last two years and we have a great time. Anyway, here's the layout I completed last night: (I think you can click on it to make it bigger)


Reece wanted a Super Spy birthday party so we gave it a shot. The kids were so cute in their little Secret Agent outfits. :o) The journaling notes read:
Facts:
-Birthday Boyt requests Secret Agent/Super Spy Party.
-Upon arrival, agents are given code names and trained by top Super Spies.
-Agents are issued Super Spy gear and badges.
-Birthday cake is discovered missing.
-Super Spies follow clues left by cake thief.
-Suspect is apprehended.
-Cake is enjoyed by all.
CASE CLOSED

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails