Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day

Labor Day is always a memorable weekend for our family. Our town has a softball tourney, parade, and lots of food. Randy and I used to play in the softball tourney every year but have just enjoyed being with our family for the last couple of years.
I remember looking forward to the parade every year when I was a kid and now it is fun to see my little ones get excited each year. Of course, Reegan was the most excited and has been counting down the days all week. :) Here is a picture of our block! I wish I could find a picture from when Rylee and Reeva were small. Oh, how the view from my lens has changed. I try to take a picture every year but, of course, I can't find them when I want them! Anyway, that picture was pretty close-up with mostly us with a few of my sisters and Randy's family. Can you even make out anyone in this picture?!

The kids had so much fun chasing candy that was thrown to them as the moms kept telling them to get back so they weren't run over by the next car in line. Randy decided to stay out in the fields this year since they were picking corn and getting a lot done. The elevator closed at 4 though so he was able to meet us at the park after that to watch the last of the ball games that Aaron and Kirk were playing. Their team was runner-up so we had a good time watching games and letting the kids play at the park.
When I look at pictures like this and think of days like yesterday I can't help but be so thankful that my sisters and I have stayed so close. I am so glad Rebecca and her family moved back home. Our kids are almost like siblings and there are lots of best friends among them. They so so fun to watch as they laugh and play together. The older they get the busier our lives get but I hope we still make time to spend time with the ones we love so that our kids grow up loving being a part of a big family just as much as my sisters and I do.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails