Thursday, September 9, 2010

Run! Run! As fast as you can!

Today I got to spend the afternoon in Reegan's classroom helping her and her classmates cut out, decorate and bake gingerbread men. This is always such a fun week for the kindergarteners. They spend the week reading, "The Gingerbread Man" and then the day before I was there they made a big gingerbread man as a class but when they went to get it out of the oven...it was gone! They ended up going on a big hunt all over the school following notes that he left for them only to find him back at their classroom. Reegan had so much fun! So, the next day they tried it again with each of them getting to make their own gingerbread man then they brainstormed ways to keep them from running away when they baked them. They decided to put chairs in front of the ovens and stay in the room when they baked them to make sure none of them escaped. :) They were relieved that none of the gingerbread men escaped and took them back to the room, put icing on them and then ate them! They had such a great time and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails