You can wait....you can put it off until tomorrow...you can stall and come up with excuses....but, ultimately, it is (sadly) unavoidable....you must make the trip to walmart (or whatever your version of the store is). Being from a small rural area there are pretty few choices and wm happens to be the "one stop" shopping that inevitably has to happen.
Today was the day for me.
I had put it off for too long already but harvest is closing in and those guys NEED snacks stocked up to get them through the long days, right. And, the kids never fail to tell me the cats or dog are out of food until there is NONE left...come on peeps! I need a few days warning please!
Anyway, I did manage to finagle (is that a word?!) myself into Randy's plans of running into town so he got to help load up the two cart fulls. :) (Wish I could make an evil grin on here cuz I most definitely would in this case!) And another plus...I got to go through the best ever check-out guys lane! :) I mean this guy is so friendly with a great smile and nice attitude that I can't help being in a good mood when I leave and that's AFTER spending forever in wm!! Amazing, I know!! Anyway, I can say all this since Randy was with me today and he thought I was a crazy woman as I said we HAD to go in super great check-out guys lane. We did. And, of course, Randy has to tell the guy that I'm gushing over how he's the best-of-the-best, etc...geez' he embarrassed the poor guy! :) Oh well, maybe it made his day to know what a great job he does and that he is appreciated.
So, anyway, just as we finish loading the last of the shopping Randy says, "Maybe I should go switch cars so we don't have to load twice." (We had a loaner since we had dropped the truck off for maintenance) Ok, I say...probably a good idea. I'll just wait for you when I'm finished checking out. So, yes, 5 minutes turned into like 20 or 30 so I'm sitting....waiting...sitting...and, yes, waiting some more. I decide to snap a few photos for the blog. See the little spot on the bench? Yep, that's where I sat.
You know they say it's good to take photos of everyday things...our grocery store of today is sure to change lots in the years to come. So, today was my chance and I took it. Crazy, I know, but maybe it'll be fun for someone to look back in the years to come...or maybe not...but whatever...I'm sure anytime I look at that picture I'll be able to hear in my head once again the greeter as they say, "Welcome to Walmart!"







1 comments:
Cute! And I like all your lime green!
Post a Comment