Wow, I feel that I hear myself say these words more and more every day but, seriously, where does the time go?! There is definitely a bit of sadness in my voice as I wonder where our days of summer went the past few months but I also know it is a time to be happy and excited as our lives grow and I get to watch this new phase in our life. I sit here this morning in a very quiet house as I sent all four kids off to begin a new school year. I keep thinking I am going to hear the squeak of the door as Reegan goes in and out to the front porch to feed and play with her kitties where she so loved to spend most of her mornings after the 'big kids' went to school. The poor kitties don't even know what they are in for, do they? Yesterday, Randy and I took Reegan to her first day of kindergarten. The kindergarteners don't ride the bus on the first day. They only go for about 2 hours and then get to come home. Do they do that for the kids or the parents?! I'm afraid in our case it was for me this year. :( I have been so excited for Reegan and I know she has no doubts that she is ready to tackle big kid life - and she's going to do great - but I have to say it has been a little harder for me this time. I'm going to miss our time together - I have always felt so blessed to be able to stay at home with my children so, really, I have nothing to be sad about, right? Right. (I may just have to keep telling myself that for a while.) Ok, I'm going to move on...ok, TRY to move on....let's see...oh, yes, first day pictures! Of course, I've got some of those to share. ;)
Here is yesterday as I sent my big kids off to school. Rylee and Reeva are starting 5th grade this year! They will be switching classes for the first time and can't wait. Reece will be in 2nd grade and isn't sure he's ready for school to begin but he is a very good student and I know he will do wonderfully. :)
Then it was Reegan's turn!
Here she is getting ready to go into the school...doesn't she just look ready?!
At her new desk working:
A smile for mama :)

And afterwards:
And today....Reegan's first ride on the school bus....
And there they went...leaving me here to miss them but also to be their number one cheerleader as they set off to grow and learn and become the amazing people I know that they are.
0 comments:
Post a Comment