Thursday, January 28, 2010

Playroom No More

I mentioned in my last post that I am taking over the playroom. Of course, I love scrapbooking but I have also started to try a little sewing and have found some other things I can't wait to try out. The problem is...I am having lots of crafty stuff all over the house and it is not very functional. I had been using a small part of the kids' playroom for my scrappin' space but I haven't unpacked from the last couple of crops I've been to and I'm starting to realize that the reason is because I simply can't fit anything else in there! So, I found a picture of a room that I love and I am taking over the playroom. The kids' toys are getting moved to the basement - as they've gotten older they like to go down there and play and watch tv so I'm going to take advantage of that! I remembered to snap a few "before" pictures:


Here is the long view. The room is currently in three sections; the tv area, the scrappin' area, and the play area.



Here is the middle area that I have enclosed for my scrappin' purposes. I initially blocked it in like this so the kids would know the boundaries of what they could play with and what was mommy's stuff. :) But I did like my little area with everything in reach....believe me, it has definitely seen neater days...as you can see "stuff" has taken over. I'm ready for a change. :)



Here is the area that held the toys. I only remembered to take some pictures after the kids and I had hauled most of the toys out so it looks pretty bare....but look at all that room!! I can't wait!



And here are some paint samples I'm looking at for the room. I am going with yellow...I want something soft and cheerful. I am terrible at colors and not so great at decorating but I saw this picture on another blog and loved it so I am going to try to use it as I change the room.



So, it is started. Randy actually helped me paint yesterday - ok, so he pretty much painted it himself but I was a big help too ;) - I worked on painting that big wooden bookcase that is in the picture above and today I am going to start moving things around and try to find a set up that works. Hopefully, I'll be back soon to share some updates. Wish me luck! :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails