It's hard to believe that Rylee and Reeva turned 10 years old today. As I look at this photo of them, I am truly at a loss for words. It seems like just yesterday that I was struggling with two of everything and wondering how in the world I could ever do it all. The truth is that they were amazing babies and we fell into a routine quite well. Even at ten years old they rarely give me a bit of trouble...I tell people that I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen them argue and I'm telling the truth. They say that they have their moments but I have not seen many of them. Their dad and I have always told them what a special thing it is to be a twin - it doesn't mean that they are the same person because they most definitely are not! - but what a neat thing to have another person that you came into this world with. They still like to dress alike some of the time but in the past year they have began to each find a little of their own personal style and are dressing alike less and less.
On this day, they wanted to eat at Chuck E Cheese with their brother and sister so dad took the day off and, after their traditional pancake birthday breakfast and opening of gifts, we all loaded up for a trip to Eville...by the time we got there it was time for lunch so first stop was Chuck E Cheese for pizza and games. Next stop was the mall where Rylee and Reeva got their ears pierced for their 10th Bday. :) Reeva went first and then it was Rylee's turn. Good thing there were two girls at the store and they did both ears at the same time - otherwise, I think Rylee would have come home with only one ear pierced! The whole way into the mall she kept saying to herself, "I hope I don't chicken out..." But it wasn't long before they were ready to pose in their new sunglasses to show off their new bling. :) We finished off the day with Shyler's and a trip to Barnes and Noble where we spent at least two hours and then still had trouble getting the kids to leave!
This past year for...
Rylee...has included
- An amazing year in third grade - especially her reading - almost 400 AR points!
- New glasses
- Lost her last baby tooth
- A Spring Break trip to Disney World!
- Made sugar cookies by herself along with other baking adventures - loves helping me in the kitchen - has even made a few dinners for everyone :)
- Basketball - played AAU, can dribble two balls at one time (she's awesome at this!), working on her jump shot, has great shooting form
- Softball - got her first hit (and loved it!) - after that she was never afraid to swing and has a good eye for the pitches coming in, switched to third base toward end of season - played an awesome trny game at third base - starting to figure out third base rules, caught a pop fly during last game! woo, hoo!!
Reeva...has included...
- Braces for a year - got them off in February...but will most likely have to have them again when she gets a little older
- Got glasses
- 300+ AR points in school!
- A Spring Break trip to Disney World!
- Basketball - played AAU, scored her first basket in one game and then scored six points in the game after that!
- Softball - Played first base this year (did an awesome job!), made quite a few plays at first, caught several pop flies!
Ten years ago today the life Randy and I had known as a married couple was dramatically altered when our sweet girls entered this world and made us a family. Weighing in at 4 lbs 10 oz and 4 lbs 8 oz, Rylee Carlin and Reeva Mae changed our lives in more ways than I could have ever imagined. When I was a little girl I always wished I had a twin and am so thankful that God chose to bless me with these two amazing girls. I look at them and am so very proud of the beautiful young ladies they are becoming. Happy Birthday, my sweet girls....xoxo ~ mom







1 comments:
Such a sweet post Ramona! You are such a wonderful mommy!! I want to see a picture of the girls with their new earings.
Post a Comment