Thursday, October 9, 2008

Good Bye Betta

Sadly, we had to say good bye to our betta fish yesterday. Poor Betta hadn't been looking very well for the last several days - the kids were checking on him and trying to feed him but the poor little guy didn't make it. We've had him for nearly three years and the pet shop guy said that was a pretty long time for a betta fish so we were glad to hear that it wasn't anything we did. I had to get him for a correspondence science class I took and keep him alive for the semester....I never thought I'd keep him alive that long, but we ended up having to go buy a tank at the end of the semester when I had to send all his stuff back to the lab. He got pretty used to us where he would be excited when we fed him and would even eat his food off of my finger. It was pretty neat.

So, we really weren't sure what to do with Betta. The kids discussed what would be the best scenerio...what would Betta wand? They thought about putting him in the creek beside our house so he could 'swim' to fish heaven, but finally decided that we should bury him. Reegan was very concerned about all of this. As soon as Randy walked in the door yesterday she said, "Dad, will you get Betta out of his tank so we can bury him up because he died and we need to bury him up." So Randy fished Betta from his tank and the kids found a place out back they thought was suitable. Never thought I would post pictures of a funeral service but here is Reece digging a little hole for Betta and then the kids saying a little prayer for Betta. It was very sweet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails