Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fall Flowers

Erica and Cora surprised us yesterday with these fall flowers...I wish I would have taken the picture yesterday since the flowers are starting to wilt...but it was absolutely gorgeous! They made five out of different pumpkins and gourds. They are so nice to see when we walk in the door. :)

I took the kids to pick pumpkins at our neighbors this evening. Our neighbor grows a patch of pumpkins every year and likes to grow some of the bigger varieties. The kids had a blast picking them out and packed the back of the suburban. Reegan was so cute...she ran around the patch trying to find the one....she would stop and say, "this one!" as she hugged it then she would look over and see another one and say, "nevermind!" and take off again. She finally picked a couple out and then picked the best ever little "baby" pumkin (as she called it) that she could carry herself. The pumpkins were way to big for me to get out of the suburban myself...Randy is going to have to do it so I will post photos later. I think the kids want to paint "big faces" on them. I think I'm going to have to get more paint!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

The flowers are beautiful. I wish my sister would do something like that for me. :) I am glad to hear that your kids had so much fun pickin' pumpkins. I am especially glad that Reegan found the perfect one! See ya next week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails