I had so much fun teasing the kids this morning by switching the drawers in which they normally find their cereal bowls and adding some green food coloring to the milk. Call me mean, but it was kinda funny watching Rylee gag each time she took a drink. :) Once they all got off to school, I got to do it all over again with Reegan when she woke up! After the bowls and the milk she wouldn't even open the drawer to find a spoon - no way she was going to be tricked again! But when I explained 'April Fools' a huge grin spread across her face - she was hooked. A little later I went back to make my bed and noticed some "lumps" under the sheets. I then went into the bathroom and called out to Reegan that I needed to comb my hair and brush my teeth but I couldn't seem to find my brush or toothbrush (or nearly anything in the bathroom) - I heard her start laughing and she ran in and yanked back the sheets of my bed to reveal all of the missing items. Silly girl! Her next mission was to hide some cookies that I told her were going to be snacks for the other three when they got home from school. I kept finding them in random places in the house. I was getting out some Easter stuff and found one and told her she should probably find a different place for that one. Finally, the kids got home and asked for a snack. With Reegan barely controlling her giggling in the background I tell them there are some cookies on the tray by the oven. Before they can even question the whereabouts of the cookies, Reegan starts laughing and shouts, "April Fools!" She then takes off to lead them all in a search for their cookies. A while later they are back with Reegan telling me in desperation that she can't find her cookie!! I reminded her that I had her move the one but she cannot remember where she put it! They all go to look for it and, to be honest, I forgot about it.
Later, Libb and her kids come over and the house is crazy (but fun :) - Libb and I are trying to get dinner ready when all of a sudden we hear excited shouts and singing, "I found my cookie! I found my cookie!" We all had a good laugh as Reegan did a little dance and we teased her about being the best April Fooler around. :)
"I Found My Cookie! I Found My Cookie!" Reegan, you funny girl...how I love you so. :)







0 comments:
Post a Comment